Thursday, February 11, 2010

Advocating for Myself

A time when I was an advocate for myself is when I took control  and decided to better my health. I did so by changing the habits I had, what I drank, and exercised more.

The first change I made was to cut back on soda and drink more water. Then eventually, I quit soda completely. Once I got past all the headaches, it was easy to quit.

The second change I made was with my eating habits. I stopped eating for something to do, eating after 9 pm and before bed. I stopped going back for seconds, and stopped eating junk food such as chips, and ice cream. I started to control how much carbs I ate and many other things, including eating more fruits.

Another change I made was to try and exercise more. I have difficulty with it due to an injury, but I make do.

These are just some of the changes I've made in the past few months and they have helped. Even the smallest changes can make big changes.

-- by a GED student

No comments:

Post a Comment